Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Turquoise

Field of Festival (tentative title), painting in progress.

I am looking for new colours.
Sap green and viridian have been my choice of green. In this new painting, I tried turquoise blue. It is hard to judge before the painting is dry and completed, but so far I have really enjoyed this new energetic colour. Mainly I wanted to try turquoise for the replacement of viridian so I mixed yellow to make greenish blue. Despite the fear of strong blue clashing agaist yellow and orange, the turquoise blended well with other colours and created an interesting colour balance.

I still want to work on the details of this painting. Not only the striking blue of turquoise itself, but also the purples made with it, deep green, light green were making the colours dance on the canvas. Sometimes using all the hues can make a painting "crazy cheesy", it seems that I can manage that in this case.


Field of Festival (Detail)

No comments: